Sunday, September 5, 2010

Quote of the Week, Gene Gutwoski talks about Sharon and More Rare Finds

The quote of the week is a short one but very true:

"She was so sweet and talented.  Taken before her time."  Barbara Parkins

Recently, I got in touch with Gene Gutowski's son Adam to see if I could possibly talk to his mother or father about Sharon?

His reply:  I’d be glad to give your contact info to my parents (yes, Judy Wilson is my Mother)... They were both very close to Sharon and, as you can imagine, it’s a sensitive subject. I’ll be happy to pass it along.  All the best, Adam

I did not hear back from Judy but Gene replied briefly and said:

My son Adam passed on your exchange with him.  I would be very glad to share my feelings about Sharon.  She was truly a wonderful spirit.  I was there when her romance with Roman started on location in Italy for "The Fearless Vampire Killers."  There was an incredible love they had for one another.  I was best man at their wedding which was such a beautiful occasion.  I and, my former wife, Judy, lived with her and Roman in a house on the beach in Santa Monica for a time.  I have many happy memories of our time spent there.  I took Roman to Los Angeles to the funeral after she was so brutally murdered.  You probably know that.  It was such an immense tragedy... beyond words.
Sharon and Gene from his Polish Biography.  (Thanks to Andrea for this).

I remember David Bailey took some wonderful pictures of her and Roman.  I have a few of them and recall that they were both impressed with his work.  Please stay in touch and best regards, Gene.

Of course I thanked him for his time.  If I hear anything else I will let you know. :)

Here are some more rare finds that I have come across on Sharon:

A rare French find for '12 + 1'.

Rare cover magazine also from France with Sharon.  (Thanks to Muriel for bringing this to our attention.)

A rare Terry O'Neill original vintage photo that is on Ebay now.

I hope all of you are enjoying your holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment