Sunday, March 21, 2010

Quote of the Week, Sharon is part of the 50 Most Beautiful Faces, Star Trek Actress remembers Sharon and More

Here is the Quote of the Week:
Victor Lownes in 1979.
Victor Lownes on Sharon: "I vividly remember the first time I met Sharon, she was simply stunning. I saw her and did an immediate double take. I've been around a lot of beautiful women before and since, but nobody ever impacted people the way Sharon did. She was completely natural, not caught up on herself, and very smart, which wasn't something you might have expected if you just judged her by her looks. She had the best sense of humor, too, which I think surprised a lot of people. She was sharp, and always got the joke."


Sharon is part of the 50 Most Beautiful Faces here:

http://users.livejournal.com/_jollyholiday/14879.html

Former Star Trek star Grace Lee Whitney fondly remembers Sharon in her autobiography:

William Shatner with Whitney on Star Trek.

"I got to know a lot of fascinating people at Warner Brothers. Angie Dickenson, Troy Donahue, Suzanne Pleshette and Connie Stevens were all contract players at the studio when I was there. After work I used to go to a bar across the street from the studio called El Chiquita and hang out with other actors--Lee Marvin, Van Williams, Troy, Chad Everett and many others.

"I was in make up with Sharon Tate a number of times, and I remember her as a very friendly, sweet girl in her early twenties. We used to gossip like schoolgirls about how cute Troy and Chad were. Like me she was doing a lot of episodic television--shows like The Beverly Hillbillies and The Man from Uncle. I vividly recall how shocked and horrified I was a few years later when I heard that, while pregnant, she had been tortured and murdered in the Tate Labianca slayings."
Actress Olivia Williams talks about working with Polanski:
 
http://www.newsok.com/actress-olivia-williams-steps-up-speaks-for-absent-ghost-writer-director-roman-polanski/article/3447459?custom_click=lead_story_title
 
Be sure to watch Kerstien Matondang 's site for Sharon, she is coming up with more great videos for us ;)
 
http://www.kerstien.se/sharoninart.htm

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for finding Grace Lee Whitney's remembrance, Mike. Sounds like she and Sharon had fun.

    ReplyDelete