Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Brienne De Beau's Letter Addressed to Me...And More on Polanski

Lovely Actress Brienne De Beau has sent me an email talking about how hard she worked to get Sharon just right. 

Hi Michael,

This is Brienne De Beau~the actress.  Truthfully, I was only trying to honor Sharon Tate. I worked really hard at learning all I could about her and spent hours, days, weeks studying her and trying to portray her in the beautiful light she deserves. I ate, slept and breathed her for a while and felt very close to her and the tragedy and really, only wanted to perform in a way that would make her proud. I took this role very seriously and considered it a great gift (after I fought to get it- it was already cast when I came into the picture!). Sharon was such an extraordinary woman and deserved only to have that brilliance come through again...

I just moved to Los Angeles to pursue this dream and hope I can pleasantly surprise people. I will have a special place for Sharon Tate always.  I hope this email finds you well.
Sincerely, Brienne







I sincerely wish you all the best in your chosen field. 


I included a link yesterday to your website: http://www.briennedebeau.com/.  BTW, I think your website is very well done and classy.  And I love the song that plays...it is very beautiful!


I also found the press kit online that says: "Brienne De Beau: With Hollywood good looks, charm, charisma and intense acting skills she landed a very sought after leading role and beat out over a hundred aspiring actresses to play the life of Sharon Tate."


In other news...

It is surfacing that Roman, who has been trying to keep a brave face, is starting to get depressed in Switzerland.  I found this on The New York Daily News:

Roman Polanski 'depressed' in Swiss prison, his lawyer says; Director charged in 1977 rape of girl

By Kevin Deutsch

Jail's no Roman holiday after all.

Oscar-winning director Roman Polanski is "depressed" and in an "unsettled state of mind" as he begins his third week of lockup in a Swiss prison, his attorney said Sunday.

"I found him to be tired and depressed," Herve Temime told reporters after visiting the filmmaker in Zurich.




"Roman Polanski ... seemed very dejected when I visited him," Temime added.

Swiss authorities rejected an appeal on Tuesday to release Polanski and also urged a Swiss court dealing with his extradition warrant to reject another appeal by Polanski's lawyers to have him freed, and to refuse bail.

Swiss officials have said they believe there is a very high risk of Polanski fleeing if he is released on bail.




Temime told the Sonntag newspaper the Swiss Federal Penal Court should decide "very soon" on his bid for release on bail.

"He would fulfill all the conditions and stay in Switzerland until the extradition proceeding are decided," he said.

The director, who holds dual French and Polish citizenship, was arrested at the request of the United States when he flew into Switzerland on September 26 to receive a life-time achievement prize at a film festival.

The bummed-out auteur lost his first shot at freedom Tuesday when a Swiss court tersely rejected his appeal for immediate release - and urged another court to deny him bail.

Polanski, 76, was arrested Sept. 26 after 31 years on the run from California statutory-rape charges. In 1977, Polanski pleaded guilty to having sex with a 13-year-old girl and spent 42 days in prison undergoing psychiatric tests before fleeing the U.S.

Swiss officials believe the filmmaker, who directed such classics as "Rosemary's Baby" and "Chinatown," might skip town again if released on bail.

Polanski wants to await his extradition hearing while under house arrest in his ski chalet in Gstaad.

1 comment:

  1. Brianne seems like a very nice lady. It's nice to hear that she cared enough about her role as Sharon to take the time to learn about Sharon as a person. I wish her the best in her future career.

    ReplyDelete