Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Jerry Schatzberg talks about Roman and Sharon





I did my usual searching tonight and found an interesting short interview where photographer and filmmaker, Jerry Schatzberg talked about Roman and Sharon:

"There was a sad side to the sixties," Schatzberg says. "We lost some great people like Jimi Hendrix, Brian Jones and Sharon Tate.

"Sharon was such a sweet girl. Roman was in London when Sharon was murdered. Honestly, I don't know how he kept from losing his mind after her murder."

"I took a photos of Roman in 1963 outside my studio and I took photos of Sharon in 1967 in the bathroom."

"Roman and I--were and still are--close friends."

I found this on a Norwegian website and had it translated. I include the photos he discussed here. Along with one of him then and now.

No comments:

Post a Comment